Friday 13 July 2012

a new toy and some rain

I have so much to work on these days that the storms and rain this last week only serve as an excuse to not leave the house. Today, a lack of food in the fridge - and fear of atrophy - forced me out.
I walked from our place to the Turkish Market along the water, through a quickly disappearing no-man's-land. All the rain these last weeks has made everything so green, and flowers are sprouting up out of the sandy soil. I didn't have my camera with me so I took out my newly upgraded ipod (with camera) - a birthday gift from Aidan - to fool around with along my walk. It's not a terribly great camera, but also not a terribly terrible one. And, my listening is uninterrupted as I fiddle with other functions.
It's a little difficult to imagine how the picture will look large as you fiddle with neat little editing tools, and I think I may have gone a little overboard with edge-fading and filters.



No comments: